Starting next month the recordings for Game of Thrones season 4 start again. This also means the return of some characters which we have not seen a time in the series. The following characters we can already confirm that they return in season 4:
Game of Thrones season 4 will premiere in the first half of 2014.
Production will take place in Dubrovnik (King’s Landing) in Croatia and Iceland, and also in Northern Ireland. Rumour say that filming will also be in Morocco (Slaver’s Bay) but is not confirmed yet.
The cast members whose characters survived Season 3 are expected to come back in the fourth season.
- Lena Headey as Queen Cersei Lannister
- Kit Harington as Jon Snow
- Natalie Dormer as Lady Margaery Tyrell
- Andy Beckwith as Rorge
- Dominic Carter as Lord Janos Slynt
- Kate Dickie as Lady Lysa Arryn, Lady Regent of the Vale
- Owen Teale as Ser Alliser Thorne
- Daniel Portman as Podrick Payne
Cast additions Season 4
As confirmed by George R.R. Martin the following characters will be added in Season 4:
- Lord Mace Tyrell, the Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, and Warden of the South
- Prince Oberyn Martell, known as “the Red Viper of Dorne”
- Styr, the Magnar of Thenn