1. Richard Madden (Robb Stark) is dating the new companion on “Doctor Who,” Jenna Louise Coleman, which makes them the coolest geek couple ON THE PLANET.
2. Tamzin Merchant was originally cast as Daenerys Targaryen. You may know her from “The Tudors.” For whatever reason, it just didn’t work out, and the virtually unknown Emilia Clarke was brought in.
3. Alfie Allon (Theon Greyjoy) is the brother of pop singer Lily Allen.
4. Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) is a natural blonde. She dyes her hair for the show. Also, her family adopted Zunni, who plays a Direwolf on “Game of Thrones.” I honestly wouldn’t recognize her as a blonde.
5. Jack Gleeson, who plays Joffrey, was also slapped in Batman Begins.
6. This is the commercial helped Rory McCann (who plays The Hound) break out. It was apparently rather famous in Britain.
If you saw that and didn’t recognize The Hound from the commercial, THAT guy is THIS guy.
7. Like Tom Hardy, Ty Burrell (Modern Family), Brian Van Holt (Bobby Cobb in Cougar Town) and Orlando Bloom, one of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister’s) first American roles was in Ridley Scott’s Black Hawk Down, which is like the Dazed and Confused of the aughts.